Here are 5 home decor ideas for the monsoon
Although we can’t do much against the gray skies during the monsoon, we can certainly make our home look energetic and add sparkle to our immediate surroundings. Whether you like simplicity or you are a maximalist, here are some of the decoration ideas that you should definitely think about to brighten up your home.
As much as we love the monsoon season for the rains that relieve us from the long, hot summer days, it brings a dark and unpleasant environment due to the strong winds and musty smells that make our environment dull. While we can’t do much against gray skies, we can certainly make our home look energetic and add sparkle to our immediate surroundings.
Whether you like simplicity or you are a maximalist, here are some of the decoration ideas that you should definitely think about to brighten up your home.
1. Consider buying outdoor furniture: Wooden furniture should be sealed periodically to protect it from outdoor weather changes. Wrought iron furniture is sturdy and thus gives your balcony an ornamental look. Furniture made of cast aluminum and steel is light and works well on a modern balcony. Wicker and rattan furniture is lightweight and easy to maintain. It can be covered with moisture and mildew resistant acrylic fabrics.
2. Add bright colors to the room: Get new decorative elements to break the monotony of the season. Consider brightly colored pillow shams, bedspreads and other accessories that give your bedroom a vibrant look and ward off the monsoon blues.
3. Decorate your corners: Don’t miss your corners! They attract attention if you make them attractive. You can use decorative trays, stands and flowers that can enhance the aesthetics of the house. A few pretty flowers can be a perfect addition to the decor.
4. Make sure your doormats are monsoon friendly: Place a weatherproof doormat on your front door so guests can wipe down their boots, ensuring your floors aren’t dirty. Select doormats made from jute or recycled rubber with funky prints to introduce a touch of quirkiness into your home.
5. Use scented candles: Add scented candles with accent pieces on an elegant tray. Light them up to add a scent to your home that also keeps the smell of rain at bay.
How do you plan to decorate your home?